Using sage smudge sticks to clear any stale and negative energy that may have built up in the space is very effective.
Science is starting to get on board with this and studies are showing that burning sage releases negative ions (the good vibes) which neutralises the positive ions (the bad vibes) which is thought to be a cause of fatigue, stress, anxiety. This metaphysical study of energy is becoming more intelligent about the non-physical and physical world we live in and as our homes become even more populated with technology, wireless products, robotic and smart tools, we need to find ways of effectively neutralising the build up of these positive ions in our lives.
Top Tip - have the windows and doors open to allow the negative energy to go out. This will give you a blank canvas to reset your environment for positivity, balance and harmony.
Safety First - 1) use a suitable container for saging such as metal, glass, ceramic, abalone shells 2) Don’t create a flame, its the light smoke you want.
Are you ready for spring? I know I am. Its a great time to clear, cleanse, declutter and recharge your personal energy and also the energy within your physical environment. Let the flow of positive energy bring in new opportunities and uplevel your own wellbeing.
Less is more, declutter and make space for the new.
To clear the energetic and physical pathways within your life and home, one of the first steps is to get rid of anything that no longer serves a purpose in your life or makes you feel good. You may need to be bold and brave to do this with some items but over attachment to ‘things’ is a mindset which you can change. Wherever possible, do offer any items to local charities who welcome most donations. This cleansing process sets an energetic intention that you are making space for positivity and an abundance of prosperity to come into all areas of your life.
It’s then time to open the windows and doors of our homes and let in fresh new energy. Also brighten your home with fresh flowers that uplift the energetic vibration. Top Feng Shui benefits of having fresh Flowers in your home are
1. uplifts mood
2. boosts positive chi flow
3. promotes relaxation
4. Improves home decor
5. aids creativity
Always discard flowers once they no longer look vibrant.
Own less, organise more and use often
Being grounded is to feel connected to the here and now. You feel strong, centred and in control. When you are not grounded you may feel light headed, emotional and almost out of your own body. You can also absorb other peoples negativity or emotions and be easily impacted by the environment around you. The root chakra is connected to feeling grounded as it is the closest chakra to physical earth. When unbalanced, it means we may feel threatened by others, in survival mode, fearful, anxious, anger and not in control. There are many techniques that can help you get grounded.
2) Visualise all negativity flowing away and behind you.
3) Begin to see an energetic connection from the bottom of your feet down to the earth’s core and really feel this connection between the base chakra at the base of your spine connecting to the earth.
4) Continue to breath deeply.
5) To close, once again place yourself in protective white light and open your eyes whenever you feel ready.
This a recent project undertaken to transform a room using Feng Shui principles. The aim was to brighten up the room and improve the flow of chi, ultimately improving the look and feel. Here are some top tips used to create this zen bedroom:
1) Limiting EMFs to prevent a build up of stale negative energy.
2) Having the bed accessible from both sides gives balance.
3) Placing the bed in command position where the door can be seen provides a sense of security but note it should not directly face the door.
4) Since the bed is positioned under a window, it is important to have a strong and solid headboard.
5) Use of neutral colours to promote a harmonious sleep.
6) Artwork is positive and uplifting keeping photos of people to a minimum
7) lighting used gives a variety of options for a a soft and warm atmosphere.
8) Zero clutter under the bed and in drawers
9) Limiting mirrors in the bedroom to avoid negative reflections and too much stimulation.
Share your thoughts on this transformation.
Feeling content with life and aligned to your most positive vibrational energy does not have to be a magic formula. Simple steps incorporated into our daily life can bring about a feeling of joy and contentment. Daily gratitude for what we have immediately let’s the universe know you are a glass half full person and when done for the heart, you really do feel the joy for all that makes up your life. From the food on our table, the roof over our head, our loved ones, a compliment, a kind gesture that happened today...... anything. From this point you begin to genuinely feel content with your life in the here and now. The feeling of lack begins to dissolve as does the desperate feeling of chasing what you think you want, instead surrendering to allow all good things to flow to you.
Being graceful allows you to have a sense of elegance when handling anything that comes your way. Life comes with the ups and downs but how you approach the downs will determine how you perceive things and navigate through those times.
Living life with gratitude and grace can uplift your soul to a state of joy and be the foundational elements that really give you that glowing presence that can spread to others through the positive interactions you have.
Share your stories of how you live your life in grace and gratitude.
Citrine crystals look great for styling the home and have amazing healing properties that can boost self confidence and attract abundance. Here is a 5 minute energiser meditation that is super easy and effective.
1) Hold a citrine crystal in your hand
2) Close your eyes and begin to breath deeply
3) Set an intention for your crystal based on what you would like it to help you with
4) Continue to breathe and meditate focusing on the intention and FEELING as if it has already happened. Continue for as long as you feel needed. Feel the positive energy.
5) You may also like to place your crystal on the solar plexus and visualise a cleansed, balanced chakra.
6) To close, breathe in deeply, bringing in the positive energy down to your root chakra, feel the positivity being locked in at a physical level.
7) Give thanks and when you are ready, open your eyes.
Let me know your experience of this.